How hard is it when you sell a festiva :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard is it when you sell a festiva :(

I have a very interested person in the car and willing to sell. But I am wondering how bad depressed and for how long after I sell this awesome little car. I know it seem ok now but dont know if I will need councling when I see it pull off. I also offered the guy if not happy with it I will buy it back later this summer when my bills are a little better. Just seeing how everyone has handled selling there festiva or a car they cared for.
    "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

I dunno about the buy back thing. Alot of damage can be done in a summer. I was fine when I sold my festiva but then 1 yr later I had to buy a few more.

Hi I'm kemp and I'm a festivaholic.
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Being as thow it is not in any worse shape. But I am sure once it is drivin he wont come off it. I have my aspire and drove it some but I just dont think it could ever have the same feel,except the cold a/c feel But if I do sell it will be greatly missed
      "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

I sold my green one, even though it didn't work, and now I regret it. Unfortunetely I really didn't have a choice about it because it was on my dad's property.

Comment

Oh man...take a second job, sell the Aspire, sell the dog, rob a bank....but don't, I say DON'T SELL THE FESTY!!! You will regret it......FOREVER...FORRRRR EVVVVVV EERRRRRRRR!!!!!
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

It will gnaw at you. My advice is get another (maybe not running for cheeeeeeap) before the sale. That always helps the pain. I'm that way with festivas and motorcycles. I made a deal with a buddy to buy his cb900 Super Sport. He sat on it for a few months for me. Then I called him to confirm that he knew I was ready to buy. I sold my 78 Kawasaki KZ400 and as I watched it ride off I called my buddy. He had sold it out from under me. :shock: :evil: . I was one grouchy dude for about 4 months until I got another 1980 CB900. My wife even felt sorry for me. Buy another festy and bp t it with the proceeds from your homemade shogun!!! Good luck!
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I hate to say it but I'm getting to the point that I might be considered a "crap" collector. It's tough getting rid of anything you've put any effort into or plan on using to some end (like parts cars/bikes). I haven't done an engine swap yet so I wouldn't know, but like Bill Clinton I feel your pain :lol:
              4-spd 1989 Festiva - carburated baby!

Comment

I can't answer that one... I've had mine for 19 years.
                ~Jeff
                1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0zone
                  I can't answer that one... I've had mine for 19 years.
                  Wow!! You have any pics. I take it its the one in your sig?

RIP DJ

Comment

Yep. I don't have any pics, but it is in some of the pics from the 2006 Fall Ohioteva.
                    Its a red L - plus with fog lights and mud flaps.
                    I hope to make it up there again this fall and by then it should have over 500,000 miles on it.
                    ~Jeff
                    1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
                    1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
                    2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Working...
                    X