quick question about a sticker on my window :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question about a sticker on my window :(

I just noticed today that my festiva has a sticker on the passenger window reading "this car has been immobilized" anyone have a clue what that means? i sure hope it doesnt mean what it sounds like.. because ive already put in a ton of work on it lol. damn thing should be on the drivers side.. woulda noticed it right away.

o and another thing i noticed.. there is a box on my back passenger side window that looks like it has a cable tv connector.. and goes right through my window to another box. anyone got a clue what that is?

thanks in advance.

the box could be a cell phone or car phone antenna but couldnt tell for sure w/out pics
    *1992 Sport "Beauty" and 1989 L "Beast"

Comment

ah so i guess ill have to live with that eyesore of a box. cant really take it out because there is a hole in my window for it... cellphone antenna would be kind of useless these days. unless i plan on parking my car inside the wal-mart to make a phonecall.

figuerd out what the sticker is all about.. quite relieved. just means it was parked somewhere on a highway and left there and the cops tagged it so he could phone in to pay the ticket.. hopefully its paid

hopefully..

previous owner drove it with a suspended license for a year. and never insured it. so im kind of doubtful...

Comment

^^ theres an actual hole through the window? Are you sure it is not just a glass mount inside and out? That is the way they did the cellphone antennas...looked like they were through the glass.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

The previous owner is responsable for that ticket, and the un paind insurance, you shouldn't be liable for any of that.

Comment

I had one of those box antennas on my window when I bought my 90 LX a few weeks back... There was no hole in the glass, probably not in your case either. I believe the PO put a CB in the car... There were holes drilled in the center console, on the trim piece around the stereo and a set of wires spliced into the cig lighter...

The box is probably on with some good, double sided tape. Be careful if you go to remove it that you don't shatter a window. I used a thin flathead screwdriver to get into the tape and pry from the middle of the box.
            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

To remove two sided tape you can also use fishing line, or a very thin flexible blade.

Comment

Working...
              X