Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

having major problems with the blue festy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having major problems with the blue festy...

ok here is my 3 day escipade in a nutshell...
    after buying my festers i had to acquire a title on the blue one...
    this is told was not going to be a problem...HAHAHAHAHAHA, what a laugh. after 30+ phone calls i ended up talkin to the secretary of states office in michigan, which by the way takes about 30 minutes just to get to a real person...

anyways i cant get a title on the blue one unless the towing company in frankfort fills out the paper work(which they repeadetly have refused to do, even though its online...), so i am at my wits in but i dont want to scrap it or nothin cuz its got a near perfect body-bumper and hood and perfect perfect interior with only 94k miles on it...

i was wonder while typing this would it be possible for someone in michigan to get a title on it and then transfer it to me? because since i live in ky they said they cant just let me get a title for it or whatever because of the michigan tags... :idea: oh well i hope things work out and im looking for some suggestions.
    There is no replacement for displacement, except for the turbo in my basement.

Yeah, the garage (towing co.) has to sign a Garageman's Abandoned Vehicle Sales paper via Michigan's DMV, file a notice in their local newspaper in order to sell the vehicle and get a new title to hand over to you. It is a pain on their end because of all the stuff they go through, but I can't understand that if you reliquished the tags back to Michigan why they can't release the title to you? Did you ask them about returning the tags?
    -John (Tekmbster)

2001 Kia Spectra GS
    90' L 5spd. - Sold (4/2003)

Comment

Have a spare dash and good title from another car? Swap the dash into that car and title it with that... I don't hink any garage would check under the hood to verify it. Just pull the 2 stickers off the drivers side door panel (on the car itself) and you should be good to go...

Don't ask me how I know.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tekmbster
        Yeah, the garage (towing co.) has to sign a Garageman's Abandoned Vehicle Sales paper via Michigan's DMV, file a notice in their local newspaper in order to sell the vehicle and get a new title to hand over to you. It is a pain on their end because of all the stuff they go through, but I can't understand that if you reliquished the tags back to Michigan why they can't release the title to you? Did you ask them about returning the tags?
        well i know a guy that owns a towing company would it be legal for him to do all that stuff for me?

and haha simon your pretty funny cat, and im too chicken to do sumthing like that. ops:

Comment

That is one of those things that you ask but don't tell :lol:
          ------------------------------------------------
          The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
          Smart Passion white with H-D interior
          HD2500 Duramax Chevy
          Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
          Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
          Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
          Z28 LS1 power 500 +
          90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
          It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

lol packrat know that. dont ask dont tell...lol hes a cop. soo if he says dont ask dont tell.. then dont ask and dont tell...lol
            1993 B6T swapped Festiva- Reich raceing ECU, Cork Sport down pipe, MBC for now, Capri Tranny. sold

1993 BBF 466cid mustang notch 7.7 ltre
            festiva turbo b18 project
            2001 BMW 325i
            1996 ford F-150 sold

Comment

:lol: :lol:

What I meant was you could ask someone to do that , but don't be telling ..
              Keep it to yourself
              ------------------------------------------------
              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

the first festy i drove i cracked up and the parts car (a 90 lx) so the daily driver got a "paint job" but we did more than just changed the dash, we cut the VIN off of the firewall from the one i wrecked and souldered it over the 90 lx VIN, changed the stickers and all, yeah the 90 lx now sits in a junkyard

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

i can talk about it now cause i don't drive it anymore :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Tekmbster
                    no i didnt but im gonna look into that.

also i had an idea that i am NOT going to do, which was paint the blue one red, and swap the plates and just use the insurance card for the red one incase i get pulled over. but i decided it was too risky.

and around here cars are inspected by a sheriff not a garage(which is what happens where you guys live?).

Comment

Working...
                    X