What Gauges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Gauges?

I picked up a 3 gauge a pillar pod off EBay... Not 100% certain how it's going to fit, but I'll see what I can do with it.

Now the question comes with... What do I fill it with?! On the last car, I ran an oil pressure and generic (non-wideband) A/F ratio.

I've got a few thoughts on what I want to run... But I wanted to get your thoughts to see... I know that oil pressure is on the list either way. And I'm thinking about a wideband O2 gauge and possibly a nitrous pressure gauge?

I know that with my motor being built having the wideband on there would be a good idea... And I will probably continue what DJ was planning and add a bottle at some time, so the nitrous gauge would come in handy... Just wanted to get the thoughts of some others.

I loove the look of the Autometer C/F gauges, but they don't have a wideband O2 available with that. Their Cobalt series looks cool too. I'm definatly going to stay with a black faced gauge this time since my gauge cluster will be staying the same (or once I find a 110 speedo)...

Anyone have suggestions? I'm open to everything at this point.

C/F Series

Cobalt Series
    Simon - pimptiva.com

defi gauges? yes!

Defi-Link Meter BF Gauges are electronic blacked out gauges which are high response and refined design.
    Ian Carr
    88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
    99' S70 T5M- faster DD
    86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

Haha - Not real interested in those, I'd like to stick with Autometer.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Yeah Defi would mean we actually have money to put into a festiva! man those are nice though.

Comment

Well... I priced the Autometer and they're nowhere near cheap... The wideband O2 is $300, the electronic nitrous gauge is $200, etc... That's why I'm looking for suggestions before I splurge and buy these things that wouldn't work.

Can you run (or is it beneficial to run) wideband on a N/A car?
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Yes it is but I'm not sure how worth it... I think just a NON wb 02 and nitrous pressure and oil pressure you will be just fine. I like the carbon series FWIW... -Kyle
            Cosmic Blue 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 - Mostly Stock...

White 1990 Ford Festiva - B6 SOHC powered 50 shot = 14.5 @ 94 mph Gone but not forgotten

Proud member of Chicken Mechanix Racing

Comment

Advance has nice guages, may want to check there.
              "Look, I have long hair, tats and smoke like a chimney.. All of my customers know it.. Don't like it? Don't turn over my rock."

RIP DJ

Comment

You might end up turboing the car later on once you get the urge for more speed, if your going to get a AF gauge, might as well get a wide band.

Comment

I can get a good deal from Autozone (friends) or I like A&A (local store around the area here)... Just deciding what I really want to do... Another forum suggested volts for some reason.

I'm still thinking wideband o2, oil pressure and nitrous. :p
                  Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

What about water temp?
                    Brian
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                    :fish:

Comment

Isn't there water temp on the gauge cluster? I know it might not be the most accurate, but as long as I'm in my "normal" area, I think it's ok... I'm looking for stuff that the normal cluster wouldn't have... So fuel level and that wouldn't be needed... What about fuel pressure? Not for a N/A car?
                      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

what year(s)/country was the 110MPH spedo found on??? anyone know?

tnx,
                        -Brian
                        lightweight turbo festiva eventually... till then RALLY 323 FWD 1.8 turbo w/DMS suspension.
                        www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8RQWpCQTEM
                        http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563922096TbQTzO

Comment

Originally posted by brianallmotor
                          what year(s)/country was the 110MPH spedo found on??? anyone know?

tnx,
                          -Brian
                          They come in Kia Prides from England. Almost all years as far as I can tell. You need to either rewire the speedo unit or use the circuit board from a US car to make them work.
                          Brian
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                          :fish:

Comment

Working...
                          X