Protege engines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protege engines?

Did any other engines besides the BP show up in the U.S. Proteges.

I was looking at Wiki and got confused about them. It shows that they were also avalible with the B6 and B6T. I could not tell if those were U.S. models or not.
    I am looking for a B6 I might have just been given a smashed up protege if I want it. My goal is good gas mileage with just a little bit of fun driving thrown in. I might just pull the engine from the protege and store it in the barn for a bigger project later. But I was really wanting to do a B6T For the turbo experience.
    Blue 1989 Festiva L 1.3 carb 160K+, Aspire 5spd, Aspire swap, Tach, Added A/C, Intermittent wipers.
    Aqua 1991 Festiva L 1.3 FI 200K+, 5spd, Aspire swap, tach, Intermittent wipers.
    Green 1995 Aspire 1.3 FI 95K (RIP Saved my 18yo sons life)

proteges were also released with the Z5 engine.

Comment

BP (1.8 DOHC), B8 (SOHC), B6 I believe came in some of the earlier protege 323's.

Comment

i have a 91 323 with a b6 but it is just a 323 not protege

Comment

Originally posted by GT-A
          This wasn't available in the US.
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay
            Originally posted by GT-A
            This wasn't available in the US.
            Newer model Proteges from 1995-1998? came standard with the 1.5L Z5 in the States. My wife's car has one. The 1.8L was an option and only came on a few cars.
            1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
            2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

My friend have Z5 1.5L in his Mazda protege car too in here US.

Comment

Learned something new everyday!
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

I went to look at it. This one is smashed pretty hard in the front drivers side. Engine is pushed up to the firewall. It is a 95 LX. Under the buckle in the hood I could see the valve cover said DOHC. Its got 210K on it.
                  I think I am going to pass on this one. They are giving me first shot on anything mazda that gets towed in But I told them a 323 is probably going to have what I am looking for.
                  Thanks for the info if you can think of any other unusual variants that might have an engine I could use let me know.

Eric
                  Blue 1989 Festiva L 1.3 carb 160K+, Aspire 5spd, Aspire swap, Tach, Added A/C, Intermittent wipers.
                  Aqua 1991 Festiva L 1.3 FI 200K+, 5spd, Aspire swap, tach, Intermittent wipers.
                  Green 1995 Aspire 1.3 FI 95K (RIP Saved my 18yo sons life)

Comment

Working...
                  X