Overall Dimensions, Newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overall Dimensions, Newbie question

Good morning! I'm very new to this forum, but have a Festiva question....I've been dutiful, and done a search on Dimensions within the forum, but haven't found what I'm looking for.

Pictures being what they are (worth a thousand words), does anyone have a similar JPEG to what I've attached here, but for the Festiva?

JUST IN CASE the picture doesn't come up, it's all the outside dimensions of an old school mini-cooper. Wheelbase, height, width, all the fun stuff.

I've got a very deviant idea, one that may or may not have been done here before, but before I can even begin, I need some dimensions of the Festiva......As a hint: I've got a blown track day Miata that I've wrenched on long enough, it's time to Build something unique...

Thanks in advance all!

Moderators, I'm not sure if this is the right Forum spot to post this, please move as you best see fit.

Chris
    http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums...showtopic=7262[img][/img]

Not what you're looking for, but here are some dimensions in a small chart to get you started:

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Thanks Karl, that's very helpful!

Do you do "heavy modifications" on your cars? I'm new to Festivas, but am intrigued by these cars.

Thanks again,
      Chris

Comment

I leave mine stock.

sigpic
        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Thank you too Mr. (?) Moderator!

There's nothing like "car folks" is there?

I look forward to having more time to check out these cars, I can only imagine they are real forces to be reckoned with on an auto-cross circuit!

Karl we have something in common, I went to High School in Worthington, Ohio. Lived there 8 years. Now hailing from Indianapolis.

Take care folks and thanks again for this info for sure!
          Chris

Comment

Welcome Chris, lots of folks enjoy the autocross with festivas. The b6 b6t and BP are all popular potent choices for engine swaps. Good luck! :thumbright:

youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Thanks carbonvmax, anyone swap a Hayabusa in the back of a Festiva?

A la www.zcars.org.uk

Yes, they're innovators, not imitators. Having said that Imitation is really the most sincere form of flattery, don't you agree?

Good meeting you folks, BTW, have you driven Deal's Gap? My folks used to live in South Boston VA, Dad worked at the Westinghouse/ABB plant there.

Very nice areas in Virginia, killer twisties!

Comment

We have talked about it, but do to the way the transmission and engine are combinded on a Hyabusa bike would make it extremely difficult.

Comment

I agree, the more simple and elegant solution to have to be mounted "mid-ship" if you will.

Either trailing arm, or IRS (IRS being the heavier, but allowing dynamic camber). I've got pics of both.

After that, it can be done with a chain and either a limited diff, straight diff or (and this is the $$pricey$$ solution) there are manufactures out there that make differentials for motorcycle powered cars (i.e. SCCA DSR and CSR classes).

Reverse becomes an issue of course, one that has been overcome by using a flywheel-ish gear and starter motor.

It keeps me awake at night thinking of these....

Comment

Originally posted by sailinon
                    Thanks carbonvmax, anyone swap a Hayabusa in the back of a Festiva?

A la www.zcars.org.uk

Yes, they're innovators, not imitators. Having said that Imitation is really the most sincere form of flattery, don't you agree?

Good meeting you folks, BTW, have you driven Deal's Gap? My folks used to live in South Boston VA, Dad worked at the Westinghouse/ABB plant there.

Very nice areas in Virginia, killer twisties!
                    Have you seen the Hayabusa powered Isetta, smart car and go cart? I ride a VMAX and have thought about a vmax engine in a festiva for a long time. It's out of my league right now. Somebody here used a harley V Twin in their festiva. VA does have some nice twisties! :twisted: I havent been to deals gap.
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                    X