oil in the intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil in the intake

i took the intake off the other day and found oil in it between the throttle body and the air filter. i'm going to replace the pcv valve and hopefully that fixs it. any other ideas on what it could be becasue it isnt smoking at all so im hoping that is it. on another note i changed my oxygen sensor and now my car idles higher. is that normal? does that mean the old one was bad and sending the computer the wrong readings? any thoughts appreciated.
    Daily Driver: 90 Festiva 5 spd. lime green, brush guard
    Another Toy: 06 Harley Sportster 883, intake and exhaust

I get oil there in both my festivas. Can't figure out why, and I've quit worrying about it :?

Comment

oil where is shouldn'd be...?

I just got my second feisty for the best price ever, "come and get it out of here!" While cleaning off the three years of barn dust and owl sh*%, I found oil in the air intake between the t-body and the air filter as well. Thought this was weird but have other bigger issued to focus on. My oil light stays in after I turn off the car and take the key out of the ignition. Any ideas on a fix. By the way, can't start the car from inside, have to use a screwdriver on the starter. I was told that a plastic switch behind the ignition on the column has gone bad???

Comment

Excessive blow-by will cause the oil to get up in the intake. You can use a longer length of hose between the valve cover and the intake plenum and loop it in a way so that there is some slope going up from the valve cover. This will make it somewhat harder for the oil to blow up in to the intake, but the true solution is an engine rebuild.
        1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
        2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

Definitely blowby. Also take the dipstick out with the engine running. If smoke comes out then that is another tell-tale sign. The one I bought the other day was soo bad that there was a catch tray put in under the seal of the intake after the mass air sensor to catch the oil before it hit the ground. My other one does this as well but I still get 46 MPG :shock:
          -Bryant

Comment

Thanks for the feed back. I kinda figured that was the problem, but didn't want to face the reality of a rebuild. Maybe its time for an engine swap. Thinking about takingthe car to the local 1/8 strip in Perris, Ca. Anybody know about the plastic switch behind the ignition and what is does???

Comment

Working...
            X