ticking from top of engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ticking from top of engine

welp i did something stupid and put some lucas oil stabilizer in the oil, and started ticking not long after, i drained it out last night and refilled it with pure penzoil, still ticking, im going to remove the vc tomm to inspect it, but what i just got to thinking is that the lucas could be clogging the oil pump? and if it is could i take an air compressor hose wrapped in a rag, and blow that into the vc to try to clear some of the openings out??? would that work at all does anyone know?

thanks guys
    2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
    1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
    1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
    http://www.aintperfect.com/

you want to do what, where!?!?!? my friend, you need Marvel Mystery Oil and a little Kero. Run it for a tank of gas and then drain and refill with 5w-30.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

SEAFOAM....in the gas tank and in the oil...will help a lot. In th oil for you Warlocke....will help free up the sticky lifters.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
      X