No announcement yet.

engine rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you find that the engine is shot, I wouldn't mess around with rebuilding it(unless you do it yourself as a project). You'd be better off swapping it out with a used one from a junk yard(much cheaper).

Comment

Agree with gdawgs on this.
      If there is as much rust as you indicate in the valve train then that engines shot?
      should be able to get another B3 or better yet a B6 replacement for 2-$300.
      Way easier to swap than to rebuild what might not be rebuild-able.
      I've just never seen an engine seize like that and have any rust under the valve cover unless the engine had been submerged!
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Put a V6 on it!!!!!!, or may be a rotatory engine!!! Go crazy if it is just for fun!!!

Comment

jet engine sounds about like the hp i want lol ya i think ill get me a good bt6 for about $500 and do it b/c i need one any way
          i love my lil red wagon

Comment

When my b3 dies, I'll get a B5, I think that engine never made it to North America, with twin SU carbs, headers, Forged pistons, make it 10:1.....ect....

Comment

^ Got any pics ?
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Give me more time to break thei B3 , then all the pics you want.

Comment

One last think you could try. Fill the engine with as much oil as it will hold. Let it sit for a few days then try to turn it at the crank. Submerging all the bearings in oil might free the engine.

Comment

if you can locate a used engine that is sometimes the easiest fix. they shouldn't cost more than about a hundred or two.
                    to me anything with 100,000 on these is a low mileage engine. most often you can find someone selling one with the trans also.
                    I got a 90,000 engine and trans on E-bay for $100 from a wreck. Put new gaskets on it painted and it runs like a dream.
                    it runs so sweet
                    91 L 5spd

Comment

Working...
                    X