Gauge cluster issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauge cluster issue

Are the two bulbs at the top of the cluster (the loose ones, red/black wires) the ones that illuminate the lights in the cluster? If not, how do I get to the bulbs that light up the numbers? Also...

While jimmying with the gauge cluster I bumped both the gas needle and the temp. needle, and now they won't stay put, they just sink straight down when I pop 'em back in, or move them up. Even if I start the car, put the needle in and push it to where it should be, the needle still doesn't work! Any ideas?? Thanks!

once you pop them needles out I think they are done for...I did that on one before I knew how to take them out and I was able to make it work after that no matter what I did. If you are interested I have an orange tach set that was working when I pulled it that I would be willing to sell.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

eh shoot. after I popped the needle out, I had a bad feeling that was the end of that. at least i didn't pop out the speedo needle. there's gotta be *some* way you'd think to fix the needle. I heard the reason you don't want to pop the needle out is because there's a type of coil spring inside

Comment

I have put them back together and have them working OK in my car now. Just have to be very careful to line them up right.
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

Working...
        X