Replacing floorboards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing floorboards.

Anyone have to do this? What is the best way? Any tips? quick fix's?
    no more festy..

Re: Replacing floorboards.

Originally posted by peguinsexplode
    What is the best way?
    Best way is to cut out (torch or plasma cuter) the rot and replace (weld in) with new metal or from another better festiva.

Alternative, I've seen done is fiber glass it, if its not too bad.

Usually, if the floor boards are bad the rest of the car is already well on its way to dirt again!
    So you might want to find a festy in better shape and transfer the running gear to the better body.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

yeah, thats michigan for ya, this is all i got, so im gonna make something work..hopefully, ha, have any floorboards to donate??? haha..
      no more festy..

Comment

Minor hijack--I remember when I had an MGA, about 37 years ago, they had actual wooden boards for the floorboards!
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

When I used to replace VW Beetle floorboards I cut out the old damaged area with a torch and
          /or abrasive wheel. Next I'd weld in new metal as good as I could and then seal from the inside with black silicone sealer that was rubbery when dry. That made for a waterproof barrier. After that I sprayed sound deadener/rustproofing. Then I was ready to put back the carpet and seats.

Comment

Originally posted by redfestiva
            When I used to replace VW Beetle floorboards I cut out the old damaged area with a torch and
            /or abrasive wheel. Next I'd weld in new metal as good as I could and then seal from the inside with black silicone sealer that was rubbery when dry. That made for a waterproof barrier. After that I sprayed sound deadener/rustproofing. Then I was ready to put back the carpet and seats.
            this is the plan i had, just figured i'd ask and see what others have/had done in this case, thanks for the replies!
            no more festy..

Comment

Working...
            X