Carb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb question

What is this solenoid for? 89 L 4 speed. The car has a stumble/bog when trying to start out. This is most noticable when putting the car under a load. There is a very slight stumble when driving it. The accelerator pump is OK and the EGR is working OK. Is it possible the cat could be plugged. Or is it possible this broken vacuum line is causing it.
    Brian
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
    :fish:

I do not know YET what that solenoid is, but vaccum leaks are the devil to any car! Fix it!! and if you are worried about the cat, the best way to check is to remove it and then drive the car and see if anything changes.
    1990 Festiva, flat-black, cab lights, 7" round headlights, and air horn!
    ASE-Certified/KIA certified/HVAC Certified Automotive Technician in Medford, OR

Comment

im courious too as to what the part is, also what is the function of the part hanging on fire wall with baby bottle nipple thing on it, i cant find anything on it....
      previous cars to fix up;
      86 300ZX
      85 RX7 GSL
      88 Corolla FX
      89 Festiva LX 2bbl 5 speed

Comment

I don't have my manual with me here at the public library where I use the computers and I forget the name, but its supposed to even out the gas flow when you suddenly take your foot off the accelorator. I've taken one apart years ago to see what's inside. (I have a spare carburettor from the junk yard to practice on.) Someone with a Haynes manual handy should be able to look up the name of the beast.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

I looked through a Haynes manual real quick and couldn't find it. I will check again.
          Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Anyone?
            Brian

93 GL modyfied!!!

Comment

Festy wrote this on your wanted thread...

FestYboy

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:12 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's your A/F stepper motor, controls a/f of the motor once things are at opperating temp. looks like you snapped one of the nipples off. unfortunately that's the one attached to the vac port ont he carb and it's going to send your a/f lean (plug the tube or epoxy the nipple back on).
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
              X