Running the car with no downpipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running the car with no downpipe

I may need to do this temporarily... I took everything off, and now it looks like I need to take my car to my cousin's house to work on it. with the downpipe and everything else under it obviously taken off, is it okay to drive the car without the exhaust system on it? Will it hurt the engine, or just be REALLY loud and not have as much power?

stupid loud and no low end torque, also make sure that there is nothing that can burn near the manifold exit (because it will).
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

thanks to our punny little engines its really not even all that loud.... it'll b fine, but will make for very hot gasses on your engine and flumes. may throw an engine code as well b/c of the O2 sensor being right at the bottom of the header, but no biggie.
      ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
      91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
      1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
      2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Working...
      X