Brake booster mounting nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake booster mounting nuts

How on earth do you get at them? I barley got the first three off, but now im stuck on the top passenger side one. Everything is in the way!
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

Patience.... lots of it. I had to do this recently on my Festiva and it was a huge pain in the ass. It can be done, but just take your time and a universal joint helps. Also when you put it back on some gasket sealer helps hold the bolt in the socket when trying to rethread the nuts.
    James
    Phoenix, Arizona
    --------------------------------------The Stable-----------------------------------------------------
    '91 Ford Festiva L, Mostly Smurf Blue with some white and dark blue as well. For Sale
    '10 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Ruby Red Pearl <~~~ Wife's car
    '13 Hyundai Accent SE, Ironman Silver <~~~My Car
    My SuperMotors Page

Comment

When I was doing all the brake line I unbolted the charcoal canister and ignition coil and pushed them aside out of the way. Also the solenoid bracket and fuel filtre bracket (on the fire wall on the carburetted '89). They are easy to move aside and put back.
      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
      X