FPR woes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPR woes...

After solving a bunch of small problems w/ my B6 i have finally found the main problem i think! It took curing a bunch of other little things to get the symptoms that led me to go buy a fuel pressure guage, and i found i was running at about 70psi with or without the FPR (fuel pressure regulator) vac line hooked up. I blew through the return line and it is not clogged.

So i hooked up my B3 FPR and now i'm running about 30psi at idle! (its supposed to be 38-44 at idle). If i unplug the FPR it runs about 38, and if i pinch the return line it jumps imediatley up to almost 70psi. According to the manual i should "replace my FPR"....

So i have two bad FPR's? only one gives me supper high pressure and the other gives me low? As far as i can figure there is a diaphragm inside and thats about it, is there some way to clean or repair them? I am NOT spending $80 for a new one! so if there is no way to fix either of mine, does anyone have an extra good one?

thanks 8)
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

I'll look to see if i have my old one laying around tomorrow.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

I got it. Pm me with your address and I'll send it to you to see if this one works for you.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        PM sent.
        ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
        91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
        1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
        2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Working...
        X