Spider gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider gears

Spider gears... the things that drop if you dont put something in the tranny when the axles are out when you move it around... is it easy to open up the tranny to put them back in place? because ive got a lead on a new tranny but its already pulled and i dont think they put anything in where the axles go.
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

ive had mt tranny out with neither axle in and my gears never dropped.

Comment

niether have mine....matter of fact they're both out right now, and i am not the least bit worried
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by aspireguy95
        ive had mt tranny out with neither axle in and my gears never dropped.
        Same here.

Comment

As I understand it, the spider gears will fall out of place if you rotate the input shaft while the axles are out.

Comment

Yep - If you do NOT put a piece of Dowel rod in there and you spin the input shaft you "may" drop the spiders. It is a complete disassembly to re-install them. With that said I had Carbonvmax send me a trans and the spiders never dropped (No dowels). There is a special tool called out but a piece of broom handle will do the job. You should put your finger in the output shaft holes and see if the splines line up. Then, turn one and the other one should turn the other (opposite) way. If that happens then the spiders are still in place. Unless somebody really plays around with the transmission (spinning the input shaft), odds are you won't drop the spider gears.

Comment

Working...
            X