quick BP swap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick BP swap questions

i'm putting in a BP with an F-sreies trans from a 88, 323.

i got the motor and tranny lowered into the car today and installed the axles to know where the motor/trans will sit side-to-side to make the mounts, and the crank pulley does hit the frame which i was expecting, i want to use the festiva crank pulley since it only has the groove for the V-belt and have read the 93 festiva ones are different then the other years

my question is, what year festiva crank pulley will bolt to the BP?

i'm also using the axles from the 323, when i installed them i noticed the outer CV boot rubs the hump in the Lower Control Arm, Has anyone who's used the F-series Trans had this problem? if so when the tires are on it and the car is on the ground will that level out the LCA enough so the CV boots will clear it?

thanks for any input

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

alright well i managed to get a hold of both style festiva crank pulley's and neither will work

is there any crank pulleys that will bolt to the BP and only has 1 groove for the V-belt?

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

What Year is Your BP. 90-91 used a small crank Snout- 92+ had A big snout, I have a feeling you have a small snout, as i used my aspire pulley on my bp and it fit fine.
      1996 Aspire, 2DR 5SPD 185 60 14, Aluminum rims, Mild Stereo system, some neon tubes, 185 000 km not a speck of rust runs like a champ
      B8-ME Swap COMPLETED.

Comment

i'm not sure what year the motor is, i bought it off Gforcefd (Logan)

but after me and my dad were lookin at it, he thinks he'll be able to take a part of the BP pulley and weld it into the festiva one to make it work, i'll update more in a couple days to let ya know how it went

Comment

well we took apart the BP crank pulley and the centre piece bolted to the 93 festiva crank pulley and when i bolted it back on the BP it lined up perfect and i have lots of frame clearance

Comment

Working...
          X