high idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high idle

I had a problem with my Festiva before because the idling was to low, tuned out that that choke was brocken. I took me car to the garage and got this fixed.

Its working good now but there is still one thing that is wrong- when i put heaps of things on that are eletrical i.e. The lights, When the engine fan goes on, inside fan on the setting three (all these things being on seperatley these are just things that trigger it) But when this happens the idleing increses heaps above 2000RPM and then will drop if you turn them off

Does anyine now what to do?
    Ford Festiva 1992 Model, 1.3L 5 Door, Red, Mods- Roo-Bar with two spotlights, also stickers, on the bonnet, front window, and rear window

i think that is about normal. It has an idle control solinoid on it. when u load the electrical sys down on it the solinoid kicks in and idles it up. all my carbed cars idled high with every thing on.

Comment

yup, idle kicker solenoid. just needs to be adjusted down a bit... (if carbed, no fix if EFI)
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

woohoo the ford tech agrees that must mean I learnt me a thing or 2. *see honey told u the years of fixing cars (drinking beer in the garage) would pay off! LMAO

Comment

Working...
        X