Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 sets of bearings or 1?

yo peeps.......

how come when ever i goto a repair shop to ask about replacing the bearings.. they all say the festiva has 1 bearing per wheel but then get shocked that it has an inner and outer bearing.. wouldnt there systems tell them the car has 2 bearings per wheel?

or does the fest really just have 1 bearing per wheel and am i off my rocker? @.@

Has inner and outer
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

on both front and rear. The mechanics you are speaking to are assuming the wheels use a one piece cartridge bearing, which actually contain two bearing assemblies in one unit. Cartridge bearings are fairly common on more modern compact cars.
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

ok thought the festiva had 2..... is the inner and outer bearing the same? could one buy 2 of the same kind of bearing and be used as inner and outer?

Comment

yes, they are the same the seals are different, inner and outer, for the front. the rears have one seal inner, and two different bearings. a parts house will be able to tell you the numbers.
          Caution: if the shops don't know the difference, they most likely won't know how to replace the fronts correctly.
          it runs so sweet
          91 L 5spd

Comment

hmm ok thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
            X