HEATER PROBLEMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEATER PROBLEMS

i was wondering if anyone knew why the heater in my car only blows hot air in defrost or floor, when you put it to the panel heat it always blows cold air, is there a fix for that, please let me know thanks

mine too
    it runs so sweet
    91 L 5spd

Comment

if there is a fix or if it supposed to do that PM me
      it runs so sweet
      91 L 5spd

Comment

maybe because the dash vents are only vented for cold air....but it's just a guess.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Now I wish I had a stupid owners manual
          it runs so sweet
          91 L 5spd

Comment

WES is exactly correct! Unfortunately the festiva climate control system sucks and heat only works on defrost and floor because as WES said the dash vents are only a/c or cool air vent. I found that out the hard way thinking the hearter core was plugged and took it all apart to change it just to find out it was good and I just needed to try heat on defrost or floor! :evil:

Robert
            1988 Festiva w/ Rear seat removed and hatch area turned into dog cage, window tint, 1100w audio system, stock Carbed B3
            Other addictions: 84 GT Turbo Stang (drifting car), 08 VW Special Edition HD Passat (1 of less than 12 in the US), 2013 VW Golf R, 2001 Silverado 1500 (Slammed)
            Former addictions:03 Cobra, 04 GT Stang (wife's car)

Comment

Anyone ever looked into modifying things so heat comes out in the middle?

Comment

Go for it and let us know how it goes. I will tell you from experience it is a pain in the butt getting everything removed to get to it!
                1988 Festiva w/ Rear seat removed and hatch area turned into dog cage, window tint, 1100w audio system, stock Carbed B3
                Other addictions: 84 GT Turbo Stang (drifting car), 08 VW Special Edition HD Passat (1 of less than 12 in the US), 2013 VW Golf R, 2001 Silverado 1500 (Slammed)

Comment

I found that out too when i ripped everything out from under my dash.....but i'ts quite easy with a hammer!! But your right it would be more hassle than what it is worth. I'm sure you ghetto fab somthing up with some dryer ducting and zip ties that is once everything is removed.
                  The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                  BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES
                    I found that out too when i ripped everything out from under my dash.....but i'ts quite easy with a hammer!!
                    LMAO, I wanted to put mine back in! The car already creaks enough so why add more creaks just to rig something up to get heat out of the vents. (just my 2 cents)

Robert

Comment

I never minded it on the floor and defrost. It might be nice to have it at the dash vents, but not worth disassembly of the dash... nightmare!
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

question answered
                        Thanks so much, I thought I put a cable on wrong.
                        it runs so sweet
                        91 L 5spd

Comment

Aspires have heat come out of the dash, but it's pointless.

After 42.17 seconds of heat coming from the dash your windows will fog up anyhow requiring you to go back to defroster mode.
                          www.dantheoilman.com
                          AMSOIL dealer and window tinter.
                          Trust me folks, you need www.auto-rx.com
                          Go ahead and ask me why

Comment

well thanks for all the awnsers, i am glad nothing is broken, mine just seems like it takes forever to heat up, by the time i get to work it is finally starting to get warm, oh well, thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by jacesfestiva
                              mine just seems like it takes forever to heat up,
                              Mine takes about 5 minutes to heat up, but that's because I have the original 2 stage thermostat. Is yours original or a generic single stage like they sell at the parts store?
                              White '89L auto - Sold!
                              Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

Working...
                              X