cranks no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cranks no start

I have 2 festivas 92 and a 93 that will not start after siting up for a month or so.I have power to the coil but no pulse from the stator.Has anyone had this problem or is it just a coincidence?
    When you unplug the Distributor there was some corrosion on 1 of the pins in the distributor.I cant find my evtm at the moment so not sure what that wire goes to any help would be appreciated.

P.S.I have checked all the basics,fuel,timing belt etc.
    96 Ford F-150 XLT
    93 Festiva L (Modified)
    92 Festiva L
    68 Mustang GT 428cj

anyone got a wiring diagram?
    96 Ford F-150 XLT
    93 Festiva L (Modified)
    92 Festiva L
    68 Mustang GT 428cj

Comment

What do you mean by the stator? (do you mead the rotor?)

How does the engine run after strated? How does it run when only sitting a couple of days.

Check the connection of the hi tension wire (the one from the center post of the dist. to the coil) at the coil end...notorious for contamination and corrosion.

Alos check the post intside the distributor cap....alot of aftermarket ones oxidize terriblly.

Lotsof electrical schems....more specific please.
      Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
      The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

stator is the pick-up device inside the dizzy. Stator stays still, Rotor rotates. That's how I remember it.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

What's a dizzy?
          Joe Lutz

Comment

dizzy= distributer
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Try swapping distributors?
              White '89L auto - Sold!
              Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

TTTTTTIIIIIMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

wiring diaghram of the ignition system,I dont have a dist to swap out.Both cars have never run after they quit both doing the same thing to.I suspect some corrosion in the dist.
                  I will prolly pull the dist. out tmorrow at work if we are slow.
                  96 Ford F-150 XLT
                  93 Festiva L (Modified)
                  92 Festiva L
                  68 Mustang GT 428cj

Comment

Originally posted by FB71
                    TTTTTTIIIIIMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    hahahahha.....

Someone had a little too much turkey on Thanksgiving!
                    White '89L auto - Sold!
                    Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

too much turkey, not enough beer...
                      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Ignition Schematic (1992 Ford Section/page 21-1) is available (7.8 Mb - jpg format). Need E-mail address('s) and/or link where to post it. All help is appreciated.
                        Joe Lutz

Comment

diagrams

phantom_smack@yahoo.com
                          96 Ford F-150 XLT
                          93 Festiva L (Modified)
                          92 Festiva L
                          68 Mustang GT 428cj

Comment

thanks