Head lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head lights

Hi, I have a problem with my head lights when I turn them on low there is just runnig lights, and when I turn them on high nothing.
    I can pull it back to flash to pass and It will only light up the passenger side high beam, both bulbs are good.
    Could it be a electrical connection to the bulbs?

Another question how would you go about hooking up driving lights/ fog lights?

On the fog lamp end,most kits come with all the wiring and relays to hook them up.It is also nice to tie in the power wiree from the low beam so they only work with the lights on and in the low beam position.Of course if yo are installing driving lamps this would not be the way to go.

On the head lamps check the connector,sometimes if you have been running aftermarket high wattage bulbs it can burn out the connectors.
    If the Festiva headlamps are wired like anAspire they have a single fuse for both sides,with a relay before the multifunction switch.
    Flash to pass bypasses the relay and is controlled by the multifunction switch.
    Also verify the ground connection
    96 Ford F-150 XLT
    93 Festiva L (Modified)
    92 Festiva L
    68 Mustang GT 428cj

Comment

I'd maybe have a look at the relay as well.

Comment

i kinda have the same problem... when i go too turn my highbeams on both lights go off... but when there on low they work fine and if i just flash my high beams they work.. what could be going on there?> is it just wiring? how would i go about figureing out what where and how too fix this problem?

Comment

Just remember guys,a testlamp bulb is not enough of a load to verify circuit integrty.Make a jumper harness with a 3157 or 1157 bulb wired to use both elements in the bulb and use it just like you would use a test lamp.
          96 Ford F-150 XLT
          93 Festiva L (Modified)
          92 Festiva L
          68 Mustang GT 428cj

Comment

I'd check the switch on the steering column.
            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

^^Me too.
              Brian
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
              :fish:

Comment

ok thanks guys ill take a look once it drys up some where

Comment

Yeah, sounds like the stalk.........
                  Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                  Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                  "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Working...
                  X