gas tank and fuel pump question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas tank and fuel pump question

My festiva is on its' last leg and instead of fixing the car I am going to upgrade it :lol: The only issue right now is money I have been pooring all of my money into my second festiva and this one needs some of the funds I know longer have

The upgrade is going to include dropping a BP under the hood because my engine is in really poor shape. By doing that I must also replace the fuel pump because my festiva is carbed. I was going to go with a walbro 255 but there are a number of aspires at the junkyard. Does anyone know if an aspire fuel tank will directly mount up to a festiva. That would save me a few bucks if it did.

The complete upgrade will include a rebuilt BP engine (only because it is currently torn apart), ecu and wiring harness, gm25r tranny (or what ever that tranny code is), axles, suspension and brakes from 323gt, and the rear from an aspire.

Thanks
    Building on a budget sucks

i think the 2door aspire tanks are the same. the 4 doors are different. let me know how it goes, cause i might want to swap to fi soon!
    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

I have the fuel tank out of the 2nd festiva so I will take some measurements before I go. Worst case scenario I will be out $20. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll probably start in about 2 or 3 weeks. I need to find a car I can barrow to get me back and forth from work.
      Building on a budget sucks

Comment

Working...
      X