Help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please.

Just finished rebuilding my Festiva a few weeks ago. New timing belt, clutch and a slew of other parts. It's been running fine. Today i leave to go to the gym and the car starts and drives as normal, i try to take off from an incline and the car lurches like I'm trying to take off in 3rd, i confirm I'm in first and tray again, car does the same thing, thi8s happens maybe 4 times in sequence. The car then dies and won't restart unless you rev the piss out of it, but if you try to let the clutch out and put a load on it at high revs it has no power and dies.

The only thing i can think of is jumped timing.

Car is a FI 90L 5spd

~Josh
    99 SVT "BLKOUT2" - # 1571 - PRT track whore
    98 SVT - PRT R&D car
    90 Festiva "BLKTIVA"

Did some poking around. The car starts as normal, so i'm thinking timing is NOT my problem.

The car starts, and revs up as it always does and as the revs come down they just don't stop going down and the car dies.

I'm going to buy a fuel filter now as i'm thinking it may be clogged, my other idea is a clogged exhaust.
    98 SVT - PRT R&D car
    90 Festiva "BLKTIVA"

Comment

Just for s and g's check for blocked air passage, I had that happen once........Also, that happened when I accidently unplugged the MAF on top of the air filter.
      Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
      Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
      "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Fixed.....intake tube connection separated at a joint. Damn those pesky hose clamps. ops:
        98 SVT - PRT R&D car
        90 Festiva "BLKTIVA"

Comment

Rock on!!!!
          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Good job. Satisfying eh?
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
            X