Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration

I just bought a '93 from some a**hole in MD who advertised it in a lot better condition than it showed up in. Is there a reputable shop in the Seattle/Tacoma area where I can get this thing restored? The engine runs, but the interior needs work!
    Sam
    Good things come in small packages - and get GREAT mileage!

if it runs fine then what needs rebuilt?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Fes, most folks do Festivas "on the cheap."

Go to junkyards and peruse Ebay to find parts you need to replace. Get a Haynes and a Ford shop manual for your year car and START LEARNING TO BECOME INDEPENDANT!!

Do it yourself and avoid getting RIPPED OFF by car repair places. When my brakes recently went out, Firestone wanted $1500 to "fix" them. I did it myself for under $120. I only needed a master cylinder and bleeding the lines for now. Brakes are great again.

Here is the thread:

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Safety Guy is totally right, I got my Festiva for $75 when the PO was quoted several hundred dollars for a brake job and decided it wasn't worth it. Took about $60 and an hour to get the brakes in order and I'm on the road.

Comment

Working...
        X