My Fester quit :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Fester quit :(

all right i was driving down the road in my 92 ford festiva and i notice my lights start pulsating at like random times like everything flashes from normal to really bright, so i check my coil and replace it and it still doesn't run and I'm not getting any spark i checked my engine fuse and even put a new fusible link in it and it still wont run

check ur MAF it did that to me
    Humblepefromance.com/forum
    myspace.com/fukusdm

Comment

MAF flow is fine checked all the connections today :!:

Comment

Hey are you the same Festfester as on Full Throttle Forums? Sounds like you might have a ground wire loose.

Comment

yea that's me who are u? on there?

Comment

2focifamily. I bought a Festiva about 10 days ago...so 2foci1festy. I'll have to get down to Bristol one night and watch the Festy in action. You get the tranny back together?

Comment

Alternator maybe?
              White '89L auto - Sold!
              Silver '06 Rav4, 95k!

Comment

good shot Tim, yes it is the alternator that is causing the lights to pulsate, as for the no start problem, i need more to go on. i need how exactly did it die and what did you try after it died, like a jump start maybe?

Comment

all right like i said i thought the coil wire was coming loose and arking off and sending voltage through the ground cuzz it has done this b4 and i checked my coil replaced it and put a whole new distributor in it in case it was the electronics in it all my fusible links are good and all my fuses are to so it beats the shit outta me i still cant get any spark from my coil and i have voltage going into it so i dunno guys help me out i need something to drive and yes i got the tranny back together!

Comment

If voltage is going into the coil but none is coming out...what's the chances of the new coil being bad as well?

Comment

If voltage is going in, and none is coming out, I would think the problem would be in the coil, new or not. It can happen, I bought a brand new set of plugs and wires for the Batstiva, and one of the plugs and one of the wires were bad out of the box. :evil:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Re: My Fester quit

Originally posted by fastfester
                        all right i was driving down the road in my 92 ford festiva and i notice my lights start pulsating at like random times like everything flashes from normal to really bright, so i check my coil and replace it and it still doesn't run and I'm not getting any spark i checked my engine fuse and even put a new fusible link in it and it still wont run
                        so did it just quit running and had it towed home? b/c with lights pulsing sounds like the diode pack in the alternator taking a dump!

and have you checked signal voltage from the pickup coil in the distributor and the wires in between?

I'll check my manual tomorrow for other hints

Comment

fixed it the prob was a computer lol sum how i fried it lol!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X