AC Compressor removed and I want to put back in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Compressor removed and I want to put back in

I'm planning to purchase a festiva that use to have air but the compressor was removed. How much working am I going to get into to put a compressor back in?

Am I going to need anything more than the compressor? Like a belt or anything?

Also, is there a bad or good chance that it is still full of freon? Can it still be full with compressor removed?

If it is empty how much is it going to cost to convert it to new stuff?

Please just let me know how much work and what will need to be done to ensure the AC is working again.

Thanks

a/c compressor

Ok, if only the compressor was removed, you will obviously need the compressor, and I doubt the belt is still there so get a belt as well. Once you remove the compressor there will be no freon left in the system as it is pressurized and can't have air in it. So you will need to fill the system back up with freon, and finally you can update it to r134(new freon) as the R12 is almost impossible to get and very expensive. For the do it yourselfer pep boys sells a conversion kit, however I would recommend taking it to a shop being as how the system has been open to the "outside" for a bit of time so they can pull a vacuum on the system the put in the r134. Hope this helps
    The new keeper of Uncle Fester!! 88 5-speed, efi, now with ac!
    1988 LX ~sold~
    1992 Blue GL auto, ac ~sold~
    2008 Nissan altima 3.5sl loaded <lease returned>
    1996 Nissan maxima <sold>
    2002 ford f350 crew cab short bed diesel

Just remember, it could be worse, you could have a fork in your eye!!

Comment

Re: a/c compressor

I have a compressor and the rest of the AC Parts from the engine compartment that I am selling cheap.

email me at bobadebt@ec.rr.com if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
      X