The Beeping!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Beeping!!

So I have no idea where it's coming from, but there's this beeping sound coming from under the dash. Even with no lights on the dash, both passengers buckled in, the doors closed fully, the headlights off, and the E-Brake laying all the way down, every now and then, it'll start beeping. Anyone got any ideas?

I assume it will stop when all of the above conditions are met, but then take the key out?
    No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
      I assume it will stop when all of the above conditions are met, but then take the key out?
      See, it only happens when the car is on. Sometimes when I've just got the key on, but usually when I'm driving.

Comment

Seat belt warning? I have an older model which doesn't beep forseat belts but maybe the newer ones do?
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Maybe a bad ground?
          The timer and buzzer is located behind the dash to the left of the steering column way up high in the relay tree.
          Unplug the connector from the buzzer and see if the beeping stops.
          The ground is located on the inner left hand wall near where the antenna lead enters the cabin.
          Inspect, remove clean, re-install.
          Last edited by bravekozak; 01-08-2019, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Dustman, I got confused with my sounds.
            A continuous medium pitch sound, a continuous high pitched sound, or a regular beep, beep, beep.....?
            Last edited by Dragonhealer; 01-09-2019, 12:55 AM.
            No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonhealer View Post
              Dustman, I got confused with my sounds.
              A continuous medium pitch sound, a continuous high pitched sound, or a regular beep, beep, beep.....?
              It's a regular beep-beep-beep. I'll have to check that ground. Funny enough, it doesn't sound if a seatbelt is unbuckled, I leave the headlights on, I leave the keys in the ignition, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X