Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I replace the heater/AC control panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I replace the heater/AC control panel?

Hi all
    I’m looking to replace the heating control panel on my 1998 Festiva. One of the button/dial shafts has snapped and I bought a replacement cluster from wreckers.

Can anyone list the steps to remove the old unit? Please be specific, I’m new to this.

I’ve searched but can’t find an answer so new post. If there is an existing post please link it. Cheers
    Last edited by Haydent; 03-23-2019, 10:48 PM.

Its not that hard. Just don't remember how I did it. Do remember that when I removed the cables from the boxes I attached strings to the cables to make it easier to fish the cables back into the dash. Before you remove the cables move the knobs to one side. Makes reinstalling much easier. Also, work some 3 in 1 oil into the cables to loosen them up. This is probley why the knob broke. Just apply some oil to each end of the cable and work the cable back and forth till it loosens up.

Comment

Move the control levers to the left as far as they will go.
      1. Remove the two bezel screws under the radio and just above the ash tray.
      2. PUll the bezel off carefully and try not to break the plastic tabs off the bezel. The clips may fall down behind the dash when you remove it.. Try to find them if they do.
      3. Remove the 4 screws securing the control assembly to the dash.
      4. Open the glove box and remove the two screws at the bottom left and right hold the box hinge to the dash... and remove the glove box (squeeze in on the sides a little to allow it to drop down)
      5 Behind the glove box...Snap the cable out of the retaining clip and disconnect the recirc/fresh air door cable a the door operating lever.
      6 Find the mode selector cable (on the passenger side on the bottom of the heater box) and disconnect it by pulling it out of the clip and then off of the control arm
      7. Find the temperature control cable (on the drivers at the bottom of the heater box just above the accelerator) and disconnect it by pulling it

Comment

Working...
      X