Fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel problem

My 1088 ford festiva is not starting I have replaced the distributor, mechanical fuel pump lines and the fuel filter. It start when I put some starter fluid through the carburetor but no fuel is being injected need help please.
    Last edited by 20elozano; 04-09-2019, 04:33 PM.

Assume you mean 1988 carburetted Festiva. So you disconnected the fuel hose where it enters the carburettor and turned the engine over and no fuel came out? You write that you changed the fuel lines. The pump draws fuel from the tank so there is a vacuum in the fuel lines from the pump back to the tank. Any air leak in the line would suck air instead of fuel. You might also open the inspection port on the top of the fuel tank and check for dirt.
    There is a length of rubber hose where the fuel line leaves the engine compartment to go under the chassis to the back. That hose can get soft over the years and collapse blocking fuel flow. I replaced mine with new hose. Good luck.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
    X