Valve Cover Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Cover Bolt

I’m recently noticed that I’m missing a valve cover bolt. I’m not sure how that happened since I haven’t had it off, or how it’s not leaking like crazy, but it’s gone. The one that’s missing is the left front corner, if that matters.

I pulled one of the other ones, and it appears to have some kind of sleeve around the bolt, so it’s not likely to be something I can just match the size on.

Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement?

1990 Festiva - Throttle Body/Manual Transmission
    Bought in 2003 with 65k, now 219k

1988 Festiva - Carb/Manual Transmission
    Bought in 2015 with 150k

You can get those from Rockauto.com

I believe it is called a Valve Cover Grommet
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

I see the grommets on Rockauto. The grommet is still in the valve cover... there’s some sort of rubber sleeve that goes over the bolt as well. Maybe it’s not necessary, but it was on the bolt I removed to check size.

I have a picture of it, but it’s apparently too big to upload from my phone, and I’m not sure how to deal with that.
      1990 Festiva - Throttle Body/Manual Transmission
      Bought in 2003 with 65k, now 219k

1988 Festiva - Carb/Manual Transmission
      Bought in 2015 with 150k

Comment

When I bought a new gasket it came with a set of those. Maybe try looking at ads for gaskets?
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

the rubber grommet has a metal sleeve in it to prevent you from over tightening the bolt and compressing the gasket too much. you should be able to get a replacement bolt at an auto parts store or any mazda with a 1.6L, maybe even 1.8l in the jy. mazda part # is 9079 40 630B.
          Last edited by F3BZ; 05-16-2019, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X