93 Festiva Wiring nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 Festiva Wiring nightmare

I'm working on a 93 Feativa for a neighbor of mine that isn't getting spark.. I have power coming to the coil and I have ground coming to the ICM and out to the coil BUT when I turn the key on it loses all ground...im leaning towards a ECM issue but it is stumping me at this point.. figured I'd ask here for any other opinions

If you have access to a known good igniter I would swap yours out and see if she will run. The igniter is mounted on a bracket near the coil. I believe the igniter that came on these cars will be of Mitsubishi manufacture, # 701. If that doesn't work you may want to try another distributor. I know this doesn't sound very professional but it will probably work for you. Good luck!
    Rick
    '88 Festiva LX 5 speed, A/C, Carb, restored $$$ body paint, badly wrecked @ 200k.
    '93 Festiva L, 5 speed, Aqua, bought from the original owner,.Zero rust but very nasty otherwise. Awaits the B6T.
    '91 Festiva L, 5 speed, bought to drive while putting the B6T in the '93. now B6ME powered.

Comment

Hint on buying igniter: search for the icnition control module on the Internet. Read the details of on any listings you find. The part number for your model will be similar for all manufacurers. Look for that part number, eg Rick suggests 701. You should be able to confirm that by looking at the online details in several ads.
      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
      X