Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I tell if I have the later model 1993 festiva in terms of...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I tell if I have the later model 1993 festiva in terms of...

If I have to take the crankshaft bolt out to put on a new timing belt? I have a 93 and need to put on a new timing belt. Was reading up on this and found that if I have a later model 93 I will have to take the crank bolt out in order to be able to put the belt on. I hope I don't have the later model. Is there a way to tell for sure? Thanks, JIm

So I looked at my sticker on the door panel and it states that the car was made in June of 92. So I'm hoping that means it is a early 93.

Comment

For sure get underneath and try taking the lower pulley off. There are diagrams and descriptions here and on the Internet, even Youtube.
      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
        For sure get underneath and try taking the lower pulley off. There are diagrams and descriptions here and on the Internet, even Youtube.
        I have been looking but can't find any. I have the water pump pulley off and need to get the lower timing cover off but can't find the bolts. Then I have to try and get the crank pulley off. I need to get the plastic guard off so I can have better access to the crank bolts but that is kind of a pain as well.

Comment

On my car the plastic timing belt cover has a top half and a bottom half. They are held on by about 4 bolts into the front end of the block and valve cover.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
          X