Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to Buy the Best Temperature Sending-Unit/Sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to Buy the Best Temperature Sending-Unit/Sensor?

'91 L
    Looking for Temp sensor for intake manifold flange, and sending unit near the thermostat, and the fan switch.
    Rock Auto has them but I don't recognize any brands for some of them so, suggestions?
    TIA
    A mechanic knows how; A technician knows why.

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Frankie" 1957 Chevrolet 3100, NA 2bbl 283cuin, Muncy Granny 4sp, 3.90 Open Diff @ ~95K miles

Wrecked. Repairs in Progress"Alice" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @150k miles

Reassembling"Aurora" 1991 Ford Festiva L, NA EFI B3, 5sp @240k miles

FB Festiva page: Jared Bennett
    Instagram: jaredbear82

I got the one for the intake manifold from Rock Auto. They sent the wrong one. They did not offer a different one for the carburetted engines. I got the correct one off Amazon where they make you enter all the details about the car before accepting the order and they had one for the carburetted engines and another for the fuel injected engines. They are not interchangeable. The price was lower on Amazon. I don't know about quality but on the outside they looked the same. Since they are just a bitmetal strip there may not be a quality difference.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
    X