Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any help with coolant bypass tube leaking..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any help with coolant bypass tube leaking..

I blieve after doing the timing belt on my 93 festiva a couple months back I must have knocked loose the seal on the coolant bypass tube that goes under the exhaust manifold. Where the two connect it is leaking pretty good there. Any advice on fixing this? I don't know where I could get replacement parts, none of the pull and save places around here have festivas or any junkyards either. The tubes are so rusty I don't know if a new rubber seal that goes in there would help either. Any ideas? Thanks

I bent mine on accident and the O-ring wouldn't seal anymore so I cleaned it really well and packed it full of JB Weld Putty and then did a layer on top. I don't drive the car every day but it has been like that for 3 years with no leaks.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

I have had occasional leaking of those tubes over the years on my fleet of Festies.

If a source for this part (new only) is known, I would buy a dozen of them to add to my "lifetime supply" of Festy parts.
      88L black, dailydriver
      88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
      4 88/89 disassembled
      91L green
      91GL aqua pwrsteer
      92GL red a/c reardmg
      3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
      1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

If you buy a water pump, that o ring comes with it. Maybe should have replaced the water pump when you did the timing belt. You could take it out, measure it, and get a replacement o ring. Good luck.

Comment

I have not seen any replacement pipes. But i have seen someone brazing or welding that connection I believe.
          If its leaking bad already there is no harm in trying a new seal to see if that will fix it.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X