"Nothing happens when I turn the key"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Nothing happens when I turn the key"

Hello, and thanks in advance for your time, and help.

Replaced the battery terminals today, because things were looking corroded. Tidied up and placed the key in the ignition. On first turn, the dash lights and door signal beep were on, upon turning the key to the ignition, nothing happened, no noise from the starter or anything else. Checked +/- connections, fuses, fusible links, battery, etc. etc. Nothing happens when I turn the key in the ignition now. Took the time to upgrade to the Bussman FLF fusible links and took my time cleaning, protecting and inspecting all connections that I had made. No dice. Has anyone experienced this before?

If there is nothing getting power at all either the new battery terminals are not making a very good connection to the older wires or your Main fuse is not letting power through or possibly the body ground to the battery went bad when you moved it. I would start off with checking for power at the Main fuse with a multimeter.
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Try wiggling all the wries to see if any were not reconnected securely? Give the fuses an extra push to make sure they are seated?
      Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Problem Solved: Bad connection on positive terminal. Thank you very much for the help!

Comment

Working...
        X