Heater blower not geting power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater blower not geting power

Hi guys have some questions and any help would be helpful . frist backstory on my 1991 festiva the previous owner bypassed the ignition swtich with toggle and push start all the ligths and that works i replaced the fuseable links with long leged pal fuses car starts runs great but no heat the hoses are hot so thermostat is good and heater wont come on cant find wireing diagram on the heater and was wondering what could be my options on this cig ligther dont work ether if that matters love this littile car . so any help will be much appreciated

Assume the fuses in the fuse panel under the dash by the driver side door have been checked?
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Yes heater fuse is good other fuses as well

Comment

See the picture in this link.. look at the bottom and see the white connector and the connector on the side of the housing held in by two screws.
        You can find this in your car by looking under the dash from the drivers side. The picture is upside down compared to how you will see it under the dash. The resistor will be at the top when you look under the dash. It's a reasonable guess that one or more of the wires in this resistor have broken. If they have, replacing the resistor will most likely fix your problem.... but that is not a guarantee. I never did get the medium speed to work in Rosie after I replaced the resistor and the climate control module in her.

Comment

mine was the relay and the switch.

Comment

Where is the relay and switch ?

Comment

The one time mine would not work I just tunked it with a wrench and the thing started blowing.

Comment

2 of mine didn't work because of failing ignition switches wiggle the key they'd come on but many times start the car and no heater blower until I'd wiggle the key.That being said since previous owner bypassed ign.switch I would assume he didn't hook everything back up.Personally I'd put a stock ignition switch back in and I'd bet other things start mysteriously working.
                30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Ignition switch problems can sometimes be fixed by spraying WD-40 or contact cleaner or solvent into the key hole and working it in with the key. Clears out some dirt, moisture, corrosion.
                  Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
                  X