HELP NEW TO FESTYS IGNITION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP NEW TO FESTYS IGNITION

Hey I'm new to FESTYS but my friends have had them for a while I have a 1991 festiva L 5 speed manual love the car runs excellent except overheats when idles for too long think it's the fan relay and top end needs new gaskets leaks oil everywhere but my main problem is I got the car and the key was broke off in the ignition lock cylinder I saw that the factory part number was discontinued anywhere to get one with keys and with door locks I would only like 1 key if I can't get a new set how would I get the key out to get a new one made I'm in Minnesota any help appreciated thanks in advanced

A Pop-A-Lock guy may be able to get the key out and cut you a new one. If that does not work you can try joining the Facebook Group and posting a want to buy ad for a used one. There are people that have them from old scrap cars usually .
    "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
    sigpic
    "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
    "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
    "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
    "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

A Pop-A-Lock guy may be able to get the key out and cut you a new one. If that does not work you can try joining the Facebook Group and posting a want to buy ad for a used one. There are people that have them from old scrap cars usually .
      sigpic
      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

What have you tried re removing key? Lubricate, penetrating oil, WD-40. Paper clip or similar. Thin blade, eg utility knife. Needle nose pliers. Small drill bit at top away from tumblers.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Alright will try those probably not the pop a lock guy will let you guys know if I get it out and which Facebook group is that? Thanks again

Comment

The Facebook group is called FordFestiva .com with a space between the a and .
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X