a/c system removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a/c system removal

hey! i'm new here, this seems like quite the welcoming place. i have an 88 festiva L carbed 4-speed.

it has a/c but it has been basically plugged and disabled but its all still on the car and i'd like to remove all of it entirely, 100% gone. i know for sure there is a write up on the process but i cannot for the life of me find it using the search function. any help would be greatly appreciated!

oh and i apologize for creating a topic just for this haha.

Welcome to the forum.. Hope you find a lot of helpful info here...
    Here is a link to an AC install topic that should help you with the removal.. Removal is really pretty basic stuff. You just start removing AC components one by one.
    You will need to remove the grill to remove the condenser and it also makes it easier to remove the compressor.
    When you remove the evaporator box from under the dash to get the evaporator and expansion valve out, save the box to put back in to serve as the pathway for the air return.
    You will need to plug the holes in the box where the tubes came through the firewall. You may need to use come close cell foam strips to make new seals for the box also.

Comment

Working...
    X