Electronic seatbelts have more problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic seatbelts have more problems

I've got a 91 festy love the car I've done quite a few things to it already and time to try to get the seatbelts figured out it has the electronic shoulder belts with the manual lap belt I got the car and they didn't work and the shoulder belts part on the driver side was cut off and the latches are in the back position they don't move I tried replacing the box under the driver's seat and it didn't help but I replaced the shoulder part now I just have to get the latches moving both sides don't move and both are in the back position I can't figure it out
    ​​​​​​

There is a switch in the door latches that activates the shoulder belts. Nine time out of ten when you have problems with the shoulder belts its related to the door latch.
    Sometime you can spray wd40 in the door latch and it will clean out the contacts so the belts will operate, but sometimes you have to remove the latches and clean the contact directly to fix the problem. Occasionally the switches go bad also in which case you need to replaces the latches. You have to remove the door panel to get to the latch. If you need to remove the wire arms be very careful not to break the nylon clamps... look at how they are fastened and don't just jerk them off.

Comment

Ok thank you I will try that haven't even thought of something that simple
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Why not chuck the whole affair & backdate to the earlier ...NORMAL...belts ?

Comment

My parts car has the electronic ones also

Comment

Working...
          X