Siataowner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siataowner

I am still not able to get my seized engine (not broken.....rust in cylinders) in my '93 Festiva with automatic transmission. I have found, however, a good running 1999 1.8 Kia Sephia engine and transmission for a reasonable price....! My question is what problems will I encounter in trying to make this kind of swap ? I do know that it has been done before, and requires making a few more inches of room at the firewall...….but the biggest question is that my car is an automatic, and what will I encounter ($$) in needing a heavier transmission or other components because the Sephia is a dual overhead cam engine, and with all that much greater horsepower it would make for a real performer...…..I would, of course make sure that the brakes would be modified to complement the changes as well. Does anyone have some experience with this ??

How long was your car stored where the engine was able to get wet? If you can take off the cylinder head and look at the cylinder walls in the block, Depending on how much rust there is you might be able to clean and remove it with just steel wool.

If you’re looking for the BP engine the 1.8 L engine from a Sephia those engines only came in the first generation, 1992-1997. The second generation 1997 to 2003 1.8L engines are not the same. As far as I know the transmissions are also different, they may not be compatible with the Ones here that everybody is familiar with using.
    But the second generation Sephias did come with the 1.6 L B6 engine.
    there is lots of info on here about the engine swaps, take a look through the first posts in the custom engine and drivetrain section.
    thats where I found what drove me to want to do the motor swap.
    im in the middle of swapping in a B6d engine with the 5 speed transmission out Of a 1994 Mazda mx3.

If you take your time finding the right car with an engine in good shape. I’m sure you could do it if you want it.
    good luck
    Last edited by Tyler77; 03-17-2020, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X