Stumble stall upon accelerator depress after warm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page 1, post #2 LOL!
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by needragr View Post
      ? EGR valve is new (part of the tuneup performed as soon as I got it) so I know its working correctly. What would plugging it tell me?
      I didn't say plug it I said disable it.It is non functioning. on a cold motor, your problem was only occurring once the engine was warmed up I wanted to verify that you were not getting a lean condition from an egr valve opening when it shouldn't be.I would never recommend plugging egg just a quick disable for diagnostics.Don't remember where I was working GM dealership VW dealership IDK but was taught disabling egr on a drivability problem is one of the first go to's.
      30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Ummm this is a 93 Festy. There is no EGR valve. I glossed over & miss-typed when I replied thinking of the PVC.

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
        Page 1, post #2 LOL!
        Yes yes, but after going to extensive lengths to clean the tank & replace the pump, for a period it ran like new. It was only after time that what is clear now that driving it caused MORE crap to shake free and start the symptoms again
        see #30

Comment

Working...
        X