Location of EGR valve 93 Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of EGR valve 93 Festiva

Not much of a mechanic hence the problem. Could someone help with where to look? Thanks

Can you locate the PCV valve on top of the valve cover on top of the engine? Look past the PCV valve down behind the back of the engine and you will see a round device with a black plastic sensor with some wires plugged into it on top held on by three Philips head screws. The round device is the EGR valve and the sensor is the EGR valve position sensor. There is a group of 3-4 black vacuum hoses going over the top of the EGR valve partially hiding it from view. I am looking at a couple of photos in the Haynes manual on page 6-15.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

US Festivas did not come with an EGR Valve. The Haynes manual is probably showing the one for the Aspire.
      "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
      sigpic
      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Thanks for that, Firebush.
        We should add that the carburetted Festivas have an EGR valve. I've cleaned mine a couple of times. But that's not the one I was looking at in the manual.
        Last edited by WmWatt; 04-16-2020, 10:31 AM.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

My U.S festivas have egr valves. Oops didn't read the year.Correction My carby U.S. festivas have egr valves.
          Last edited by ricko1966; 04-16-2020, 10:12 PM.
          30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Oh, sorry about that. I am not familiar with the Carb cars. I just assumed they would be the same.

What is weird is the efi head has the port for EGR valve but it is just blocked at the intake manifold in the US cars.
            "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
            sigpic
            "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
            "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
            "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
            "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
            X