Fuel sending unit info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel sending unit info

Looking to replace fuel sending unit in a 1990 festiva l plus. I can’t find anywhere , what do you guys do or where do you go to purchase them? A website would be great. And is it easy to replace? Or am I better off leaving the broken one in. Thanks!

Pretty easy to replace but as far as I know theres no new replacements available. I used one from a 2 door aspire in my festiva but it didn't read 100% correctly but it was better then running out of gas all the time. I got the one from the aspire at the junk yard because I couldn't find a festiva at the time .
    hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by william View Post
      Pretty easy to replace but as far as I know theres no new replacements available. I used one from a 2 door aspire in my festiva but it didn't read 100% correctly but it was better then running out of gas all the time. I got the one from the aspire at the junk yard because I couldn't find a festiva at the time .
      hope that helps.
      Thank you I’ll look for an aspire one because I’m having that exact issue with running out of gas and not knowing, it stinks!

Comment

I was able to get one from Fourgreen a few years ago. I’m not sure what the part number was, but I’m sure it’s on the forum somewhere.
        1990 Festiva - Throttle Body/Manual Transmission
        Bought in 2003 with 65k, now 219k

1988 Festiva - Carb/Manual Transmission
        Bought in 2015 with 150k

Comment

Fill up the tank, add 300 mi or 500 km to the odometer reading, fill up again before the odometer reaches that number. Repeat.

There have been discussions on this topic in this forum. They will come up if you search. Use the search box in the top right corner of the screen. They work by having a contact cross a wire winding producing varying levels of resistence but over time the widing wears altering the reistence and therefore the display. Some people have replaced the wire by hand by winding on a new wire of the right resistence. You'll read about that in the results of a search.

FourGreen has a help mailbox. The guy offered to try his contacts in Korea for me if I could get a part number. I've been doing the odometer trick instead.

I recently found the following link if you want to follow up on it. http://en.gasgoo.com/showroom/chinla.../35104906.html (Note minimum order 10.)

Hope that helps.
          Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
            Fill up the tank, add 300 mi or 500 km to the odometer reading, fill up again before the odometer reaches that number. Repeat.

There have been discussions on this topic in this forum. They will come up if you search. Use the search box in the top right corner of the screen. They work by having a contact cross a wire winding producing varying levels of resistence but over time the widing wears altering the reistence and therefore the display. Some people have replaced the wire by hand by winding on a new wire of the right resistence. You'll read about that in the results of a search.

FourGreen has a help mailbox. The guy offered to try his contacts in Korea for me if I could get a part number. I've been doing the odometer trick instead.

I recently found the following link if you want to follow up on it. http://en.gasgoo.com/showroom/chinla.../35104906.html (Note minimum order 10.)

Hope that helps.
            Thank you!!!

Comment

here is link to sender I was able to buy from 4G years ago. it is the same as US EFI sender except for the little low fuel cannister attached. this was for instrument clusters in other markets that had a low fuel warning lamp. you can just ignore it. otherwise it is has the same bends and mounting as the US one..

Comment

Originally posted by F3BZ View Post
                here is link to sender I was able to buy from 4G years ago. it is the same as US EFI sender except for the little low fuel cannister attached. this was for instrument clusters in other markets that had a low fuel warning lamp. you can just ignore it. otherwise it is has the same bends and mounting as the US one..
                https://www.fourgreen.com/store/scri...-p-QKK13860960
                Thank you so much!!!

Comment

Working...
                X