Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '91 ATX B6 SOHC build questions

Hey Festiva community,

I am working on a white ‘91 Festiva automatic B6 SOHC build, and wanted to ask for your advice on a few things. I have a complete running ‘87 Mazda 323 for my B6 SOHC donor, as well as a crashed automatic ‘91 Festiva for the automatic transmission donor. Having both vehicles to pull from makes me confident that I should have everything I need. Hopefully! The build car is currently a manual and I will swap it over to automatic. My questions are..
    • Is there a difference between the MTX B3 ECU and the ATX B3 ECU?
    • When installing the B6 SOHC, do I use the B6 ECU from the Mazda?
    • Should I use the B3 intake and dizzy or should I use the B6 intake and dizzy? I assume this would matter if swapping ECU’s?
    • I recall reading there’s a difference between the automatic and manual engine crossmembers, is this true?
    • Is there a difference between MTX and ATX half-shafts? The rotors? The brakes?
    • How does the radiator cooling loop work for the ATX? Since my donor had been crashed the radiator was shot.
    I’m sure some other things will come to mind as I move through the vehicles, but these are what I was getting stuck on so far. I searched through the forum for a good while and did find some useful bits but many convert over to automatic from manual, haha.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by invader_star; 07-19-2020, 10:16 PM.

You might get more response if you also post in the engine swap forum further down the home page. Good luck.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
      You might get more response if you also post in the engine swap forum further down the home page. Good luck.
      I was just thinking I should move this post haha. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X