Just send it or nah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just send it or nah?

My wife was “gifted” 1989 Festiva LX EFI Automatic by her father (fairly useless human being....). Said it needed a new head gasket. He knew better, and so did I..... long story short. Steamed like a locomotive, ran like hammered dog poo (can’t believe it would even start let alone idle)... first get it running in his moms yard and the first thing he does is start cranking back and forth on the distributor talking 900 miles a minute about how the timings off and it just needs a head gasket. LMAO. So hook it to the ole trusty Toyota and drag it home less than a mile away. Tore it down first thing and just like I figured full of stop leak and a crack in the head. I poured oil on all 4 cylinders and all 4 held oil on top for several days. Odometer says 194k. Should I just get a good head and strap it to it and send it and hope for the best or rebuild the whole thing? Motor swap? It’s a good looking car inside and out. Has ac, power mirrors, rear defroster and wiper. Didn’t even know those where options... what do y’all think

I think you will be ok with just a new head. And thats the way I adjust the timing on a Festiva.

Comment

Working...
    X