Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

~help needed~ I can't get this baby to lift off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~help needed~ I can't get this baby to lift off.

Just got a 1991 and 1993 GL. Fuel injected. Both in sambles. Trying to beat life into one. The fuel system all the way up until the injectors looks new. I think fuel injection might be the iusse cause ether almost brings the baby to life. They had no belts and i had to put the two belts (ac/coolant/cam)(alternator/cam/somethingelseiforgot) on. I KNOW I probaly fucked up timing, but i didnt think that i could mess it up hard enough to make it not start. Please help. Any Help is good. Any question, ask

One belt is for the alternator and water pump. One belt is for the air conditioner. One belt is for timing and rules all, which is important if you want the spark to fire and ignite the air/fuel mixture. on time. I't not likely you repalced that belt as it requires rmoving the crank sahft pulleys. If you did there is information on here about how to line it up as it is a popular topic. Try the search feature at the top right of the screen "timing belt". Sorry I don't have the information on hand. Somone else might.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Check your rotor. Had one act like that. The contact had fallen off the rotor.

Comment

Working...
      X