Brake light on dash won’t turn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake light on dash won’t turn off

As you would expect from the title, the emergency brake light on my dash this morning wouldn’t turn off as I drove to work. I don’t have many interior pieces it’s pretty much stripped so I looked around the ebrake and it doesn’t seem to be anything around it causing issue, what else should I check? Per usual I DID try to use the search function and came up with not much, as well as good ol google giving me a bunch of unrelated information. Thanks - J

Check your brake fluid level. The light is triggered by a low fluid level sensor in the reservoir, along with being triggered by the parking brake handle.
    Will Samet

JDMSTIVA - Rest in Peace. Festiva of the Month, May '16 - Best Beater & Bad Luck Award, FMX - (Build Thread)

JDMSTIVA V2 - Racecar, Showcar, Work in Progress - (Build Thread)

1990 LX - B6D swapped, mostly stock.

How to find me:
    Facebook messenger is the best way. m.me/willsamet
    Feel free to PM me anytime!
    Reddit / Snapchat / everywhere else: w4rky
    Instagram/Twitter: @WILLSAMET

Comment

Thanks! I’ll check it now

Comment

Was your fluid low? If not wiggle the ignition switch and see if it goes out.Ive had a worn out electrical part of the ignition switch cause my brake light to stay on, also had one keep my heater blower from working.
        30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply but yes, the fluid was low. The reservoir had a line on it that made me think it was full but when I actually checked I noticed it wasn't see through and that it was low

Comment

If it was low, why was it low? Do you have a leak? A leaky rear wheel cylinder? Are the front pads so worn the caliper pistons are fully extended and you're about to trash your very hard to service front rotors?Did somebody come steal your brake fluid while you were asleep? If it was low there's a reason, it 2asnt just low.
            30 + Vehicle projects right now.7 Festiva/Mazda 10 GM IDK how many others,hope that helps explain all the stupid questions/shortcuts/interchanges etc. trying to liquidate so I concentrate on the good ones. Goal finish 1 amonth using as much stuff as I already have accumulated.

Comment

Working...
            X