Timing Belt Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Belt Cover

Does anyone know where I can find a timing belt cover? I have a 1992 Festy. My cover is warped and the gasket is busting out. Curious if there was a place I could buy one or if I'm going to have to go junk yard diving.

You might find a used cover and gasket by posting in the for sale and wanted forum on this site. You'll may need a new gasket for which you can search the Internet although they may come as a set. I've not replaced one myself.
    Last edited by WmWatt; 07-01-2021, 06:54 AM.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Rockauto has the seals
      https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...gine,timing+co ver+dust+seal+set,10427
      I also have some 3 new top cover seal kits which include a new cam shaft seal. I will sell two of the kits for $15 each shipped to any US address.
      Good used timing covers are really hard to find. Most of them become warped over time and even if they may look good and are not worn through near the water pump pulley, they don't fit like new ones.

Or I still have the complete engine which has good timing cover: https://fordfestiva.com/forums/forum...or-you-pick-up
      I have removed the intake and exhaust manifold, the flywheel, and the distributor so now it's down to a longblock.

Or
      Last edited by 1990new; 07-01-2021, 06:01 PM.

Comment

When you think about it, it's just a cover, like a dust cover. There's no oil splashing around under there like under the valve cover. Maybe you don't need the cover seal. I remember tucking the seal back in on mine the couple of times I've had the cover off. I think it got stretched and I may have shortened it a bit to get it back in.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

pretty sure same cover can be found on Mazda 1.6L SOHC engines if those are more numerous in JY near you.

Comment

Working...
          X