Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting part identification

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and just bought a 1988 Ford Festiva. It's carburetted with a 5-speed manual transmission. Today was day one of disassembly. I need to replace the transmission, clutch, and head gasket. Well that's it for now anyway. We'll see what else I find once the engine and transmission are out.

Moving on, I had two casualties today. One: a nipple on a vacuum diaphragm broke off. I should be able to easily repair this with JB weld. Two: this switch/sensor on the bottom of the radiator (pictured) broke into pieces when I attempted to remove the two single-wire connectors that attach to it.

I'm having trouble locating this part in RockAuto's parts catalog. I'd greatly appreciate any assistance that I could get with identifying this part and its function.

Thanks,
    pulsar2121

IMG_20210902_173332857_HDR.jpg

Sorry for the late reply. That is the Radiator Coolant Temperature Switch.
    It detects the the temperature of the radiator coolant and supplies the information to the Electronic Control Assembly (ECA).
    The RAD Switch input signal to the ECA affects the air/fuel ratio.+ EGR flow.

If you do a Weber carb conversion, you won't have to replace that switch.

If you can't find one, let me know and I will look for one in my big pail of parts.

Last edited by bravekozak; 09-04-2021, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X